Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Question of Red

Yesterday's post posed a question for some…With what and how do I pull off the red lipstick? The first answer that came to mind was…confidence. With that being said, the red lipstick is a commitment for the day and will be the focal point. Therefore, it is best to keep the rest of your face fairly bare. A wonderful tip given by Poppy King, CEO and founder of Lipstick Queen, is to apply your lipstick first and you will be surprised how much less makeup will be needed on the rest of your face! I have tested this method, and couldn’t agree more.

And don't be afraid or over think things, there isn't anything special you have to wear with red lips. Honestly, I love the look with a white v-neck tee and boyfriend jeans.

Tips for application: I find that putting the lip liner all over my lips as a base of sorts helps the lipstick to stay on better and gives me that more true red color. For the first application, apply the lipstick with a lip brush. You will have to reapply during the day, so make sure to throw the lipstick in your purse. Enjoy feeling glamorous all day!

2 comments:

  1. Kell- you are my idol! I love the pic posted of you with your glasses and red lips...can't wait until next weekend!
    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my muse for red lipstick. just one day i am going to take your advice and sport the red! great writing kellbell! keep it up! miss you boo!

    ReplyDelete