Friday, July 24, 2009

Making Style Your Own

Style is a tremendously difficult word to define and can only be defined by oneself. It is not the latest fad or trend to hit the market. It is simply what you like.

While wine tasting in Napa, California, one of the kind vintners imparted this wisdom on me: “It doesn’t matter if the wine is $10 a bottle or $300, it doesn’t matter what year and harvest the grape is, the important question is…do you like it?”

I look at fashion the same way - it is not about what’s trendy, how much it costs or who designed it…the most important question is do you like it? Once you start answering only to yourself then you can begin developing your style, which takes a great deal of time because you must experiment A LOT!

Confidence and one’s self-assurance are the keys to personal style. Style needs no one’s approval but your own! (cheesy I know, but sometimes we need that little reminder)

Check back with me for inspiration and my latest takes on style!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I love that little piece of advice.... I try to only buy things that I lOVE!

    ReplyDelete